SEXUAL ASSAULT & BATTERY
The state of Virginia takes sexual assault charges very seriously, and so should you. If convicted you could face prison time and will have to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life. Sexual assault charges and the like, often carry a stigma not associated with many other crimes. Besides the criminal penalties associated with a conviction for this crime, irreparable damage to your reputation may occur, which could affect your relationships with your spouse, family members, friends, your job, and other aspects of your life.
What is sexual assault? Sexual Assault can be any form of forced sexual contact. Force can be physical or emotional (there are four types of force: threat, intimidation, pressure, coercion).
Simple Sexual Battery
- This offense occurs when the accused intentionally touches another person’s intimate body parts using force, threat, intimidation, or ruse. This can also occur when the accused forces another person against their will, to touch the intimate body parts of the accused or of another person with the intention to sexually molest, arouse, or gratify.
- Penalties: Simple Sexual Battery is punishable by up to one year in jail and a maximum fine of $2500.00.
Aggravated Sexual Battery
- This offense includes all of the elements of simple sexual battery, but also must include one of the following:
- Sexual abuse of a person under the age of 13
- Sexual abuse of a person who is mentally or physically disabled
- Sexual abuse of a teenager by a parent, grandparent, or step-grandparent
- Sexual abuse using force, threat, or intimidation when the victim is 13 or 14 years of age, the accused causes serious bodily or mental injury to the victim, or the accused used or threatened to use a dangerous weapon
- Penalties: Aggravated Sexual Battery is punishable by 1-20 years in prison and a maximum $100,000.00 fine.
Why should I contact an attorney? A sex crime conviction will follow you the rest of your life. There is too much at risk to not seek out and hire an aggressive defense attorney. Take control of your life today by getting in touch with legal counsel who can help you fully understand the situation you are in. The Paracha Firm will help you craft a defense that protects your rights today, and in the future.
If you have been charged with a Sexual Assault, Sexual Battery or any sex related crime, contact The Paracha Firm now for a no-fee consultation.
Contact Us to GET HELP NOW